Dog Licensing and Fees
Licensing Your Dog
Tracy Municipal Code 5.08.130 requires that all dogs over four months of age be vaccinated against rabies and licensed.
Rabies Vaccination Schedule
Dogs vaccinated between 4 and 12 months of age must be revaccinated in one year.
Dogs over 12 months of age must be revaccinated at least once every three years.
Licenses are due and payable when:
- The dog reaches 4 months of age.
- 30 days after acquiring a new dog.
- 30 days after becoming a new resident of the City of Tracy.
Annual Dog License Fees
- $57 per year for unneutered/unspayed dogs.
- $11 per year for neutered/spayed dogs.
- $20 Late fee.
Locations to Buy Licenses
Sending an Application by Mail
To license your dog, download and print the application . We do not issue first time licenses through the mail; only renewals are done through the mail.
Please include (certificates are not returned so do not mail originals).
- Your check or money order made payable to the City of Tracy.
- Valid Rabies Certificate.
- Spay/Neuter Certificate (if applicable).
1000 Civic Center Drive
c/o Animal Services
Tracy, CA 95376