The Code Enforcement Division works in partnership with the people of the City of Tracy to promote public health, safety and welfare and to maintain community standards.
This is accomplished by:
- Administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of property conditions and land use requirements.
- Providing a uniform and consistent, yet flexible procedure to insure that all citizens of the City of Tracy are equally represented.
- Minimize the necessity for legal action by allowing ample opportunity for voluntary compliance.
- Promptly responding to complaints regarding structures and/or conditions which present a health or safety hazard to the public.
What codes do we enforce?
The Code Enforcement Division enforces local and state codes relating to the following:
- Conditions of existing structures that constitute a clear and present danger to the public.
- Building code violations (building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical, etc.), including construction or change of occupancy without permits.
- California State Housing law (minimum standards for safe and sanitary housing).
- Illegal dumping.
- Illegal signage.Graffiti on private property.
- Zoning requirements for structures such as use, location, configuration, size and land use requirements.
- Recreational Vehicles used as primary living space.
- Abandoned Shopping Carts.